This latest photograph of this short series of West End historical photographs (below) is of Perth Road. Although “Perth Road” is absolutely correct, residents of this section of the north side of Dundee’s Perth Road preferred to have their mail addressed to Windsor Terrace.
Residents of the block in 1895 included David Dewar, the superintendent of police, James Walker, Professor of Chemistry and University College, George Haggart, a solicitor, and John B. Hay, a builder.
In 1905, three were still there: Haggart had been replaced by Henry William Rennie, a merchant. Mrs James Burdon [sic], a spirit merchant in 1895, has been replaced by Duncan Macnab Burden, a solicitor, at No. 2 by 1905.