From the City Council :
Dundee City Council is to expand its recycling service to residents by extending operating hours and accepting more waste materials.
From Monday 22nd June, residents will have to access Baldovie Household Waste Recycling Centre from 9am to 8pm from Monday to Friday, and 9am to 5pm on the weekends. The Riverside recycling centre will also expand hours to 9am to 5pm daily.
The facilities will begin accepting clothing & textiles, batteries, fluorescent tubes, oil, TV’s & monitors, soil and turf in addition to the previous materials, such as general waste, garden waste, wood, metals, rubble, fridges & freezers, and gas cylinders & bottles.
Additional vehicles will be granted access to the centres from Monday if they have the relevant permit. This will include vans, pick-ups, 8 to 11 seated mini-buses and vehicles with a single-axle trailer being accepted on site.
The revised service comes as the Council continues its recovery phase from the COVID-19 pandemic.
The Household Waste Recycling Centres will maintain its strict guidelines and physical distancing at all times.
A number of rules must be followed in order to maintain a safe and controlled environment.
These include :
• Anyone with COVID-19 symptoms or self-isolating should NOT visit any HWRC site;
• The number of cars on site will be strictly limited;
• No commercial vans or twin-axle trailers will be allowed;
• Individuals should only visit when necessary, avoid queues and consider revisiting when quieter;
• No business waste will be accepted;
• We will be unable to provide assistance on site so only load items you can unload yourself;
• No walk-in disposals of waste will be allowed;
• The two-metre physical distancing rule must be respected at all times.
Further guidance on the Household Waste Recycling Centres is available on the Dundee City Council website here.
Residents are advised to check the website and social media channels before traveling, as rules are subject to change.