Health and Safety Executive

I was called this morning by the Health and Safety Executive and the organisation confirmed it is independently investigating the circumstances that led to the electrocution of a family pet dog in Tait’s Lane.

I was advised that the HSE’s Principal Specialist Electrical Inspector has been tasked with looking into all the circumstances of this dreadful incident.

I understand he has already requested a preliminary report from Scottish and Southern Energy and this has been submitted to HSE. Arising out of this, Scottish and Southern Energy has been asked to undertake a further site visit to provide more information, and this is taking place today. Thereafter, the HSE specialist may choose to undertake a further site visit himself.

The Health and Safety Executive has assured me that its principal role is, having fully investigated all the circumstances, to publish actions to take to prevent a further occurrence of such an incident in the future.