- The pathway from Tait’s Lane to Peddie Street is in need of tidying – some weeds require removal and the foliage requires trimming (see photo right) – I have reported this to both Home Scotland and the City Council who have shared responsibility here.
- There is overgrown foliage at the Tait’s Lane car park – the Environment Department of the City Council has confirmed it will tackle this.
* This morning, along with councillor colleagues, I had a very useful meeting with the Waste Management Department and the Environmental Health & Trading Standards Department about the problems of refuse presentation at various locations. This gave the opportunity to raise issues in specific streets in the West End where residents have complained about poor refuse presentation or wheelie bins being left out on the street permanently. The officers present gave very useful updates on their various initiatives to help tackle this problem, that is a source of many complaints from constituents.
* Further to Tavish Scott’s visit to Dundee yesterday, you can read the article about this in today’sPress and Journal by going to http://tinyurl.com/tavishpandj.
* I recently asked for additional grit bins for the north end of Thomson Street and the top end of Tait’s Lane. I am pleased to advise that the City Engineer updated me this morning as follows :