Last night, after my ward surgery at Blackness Primary School, I took part in the latest meeting of the West End Local Community Planning Partnership (LCPP), which allows local councillors, council officers across various departments, police, fire & rescue, NHS and local community organisations to get together to discuss West End issues. On this occasion, the City Council Chief Executive attended part of the meeting, which was a welcome development.
We were given an update about progress with the proposed new Dundee Local Development Plan from a senior officer from the council’s City Development Department. I again highlighted the issues of derelict buildings and the need to support our district shopping centres.
The LCPP meeting also had a welcome update from the Environment Department about proposed improvements in parts of the West End that include:
- Improvements to the pathway from Logie Street to the Tullideph sheltered housing.
- New hedge planting to replace the “temporary” fence at the east end of Magdalen Green. I requested the “temporary” fence on behalf of residents the best part of a decade ago, so some nicer hedging will be a welcome development.
- Scott Street entrance to Balgay Park – I have complained about its state before and was pleased to hear it will be improved and brightened up.
- Hunter Street – roundabout with Hawkhill by-pass – to be tidied, improved with new planting and birch trees.
- The old toilet block at Lochee Park will be removed and replaced with new toilets at the Lochee Park changing rooms.
Following the recent refurbishment of the Tullideph Sheltered Lounge, for the Scottish Parliamentary Election & Fairer Votes Referendum on 5th May, voters in polling district WAE will go back to voting at this lounge.
These electors were temporarily moved to voting at the Morven Terrace sheltered lounge for the General Election last year during the works on the Tullideph Sheltered Lounge.
The change back to the Tullideph Sheltered Lounge affects electors in :
Ancrum Road (2-6 evens)
City Road (103-129 odds, 130-162 evens)
Colinton Place (1-15 odds)
Loganlee Terrace (2-16 evens)
Logie Street (66, 80, 82, 86, 88 and 90)
Pentland Avenue (30 -76 evens)
Pentland Crescent (1-33 odds)
Saggar Street (1-11 odds and evens)
Tullideph Place (2-10 evens, 9-41 odds)
Tullideph Road (7, 9, 11 and 20-36 evens)
Tullideph Street (1-10 odds and evens)