DUNDEE CITY COUNCIL – WEEKLY ROAD REPORT
REPORT FOR WEST END WARD – WEEK COMMENCING MONDAY 21 JANUARY 2019
Old Hawkhill (junction of Park Place) – temporary traffic lights for 2 weeks for water connection works.
West Marketgait (northbound from Hawkhill to Ward Road) – closed on Sunday 27 January for crane lifting operations.
From the Curator of Museum Services at the University of Dundee :
We kick off 2019 with a new exhibition in the Tower Foyer Gallery highlighting some of the most exciting recent additions to our collections. Since our last Recent Acquisitions exhibition in 2017, over 1 400 items have been catalogued into the Museum Collections, a small selection of which are shown here. Among the highlights are:
• artworks acquired by Duncan of Jordanstone College of Art & Design from the annual Degree Shows
• fascinating natural history specimens from Life Sciences and Anatomy
• drawings from the Moira Macgregor Bequest, a major donation of over 500 artworks by the Dundee-born designer
• original comics art acquired by the School of Humanities to support their innovative Comics Studies courses
• an Apple II computer from 1978 used in the Psychology department
The exhibition is on show until 23rd March and is open Monday to Friday 9.30am to 7pm; Saturday 1pm to 5pm.
We are also pleased to announce an exciting development for the D’Arcy Thompson Zoology Museum, which will now be open to the public one Saturday a month throughout the year. The museum will now be open 2pm to 4.30pm on the second Saturday of every month. Admission is free – please enter by the main front door of the Carnelley Building. More details here.