A busy day yesterday, including :
* Attending the 2008 Poppy Appeal launch at the City Chambers.
* A meeting with the City Council Leader – the Council autumn recess has just finished and its back to council committee meetings on Monday.
* A meeting with two representatives of the City Centre and Harbour Community Council (DCCHCC) – the West End Christmas Week team and DCCHCC are working together on one joint activity around Christmas Week – with the West End joining in the “Best Christmas-dressed local shop window display” competition DCCHCC runs. There will be a separate category for West End shops and its great to see two different community groups working together on a joint activity.
* A meeting with our very helpful pyrotechnician, to plan this year’s fireworks display as part of the West End Christmas Week.
* A meeting to plan the agenda for the next Planning & Transport Committee.
And … a quick update on the overgrown and untidy ground north of High Mill at Steven’s Yard. Along with a local resident, I have been pressing the City Council to take direct action given the owner not acting on requests to tidy the site. We have had the following update from the City Council :
“I would advise a draft Wasteland Notice has been issued to the Council’s Legal Department for checking and then subsequent serving. The Notice will allow 28 days for the works to be completed. I would further advise the owner has 28 days before the Notice comes into effect to appeal said Notice.”