The Dundee Directory for 1895-96 lists two streets in the city called Scott’s Close. One is given at No. 97 Overgate, and the No. 6 Hawkhill. It is impossible to say categorically which this is.
This photograph shows an alleyway between two tenement blocks, with a gaslight attached to the left-hand side. The image is important, because shortly afterwards the buildings were demolished.