The photograph below shows the Post Office which stood at the junctions of Dundee’s Meadowside and Euclid Crescent, with the fence and bushes in the grounds of Dundee High School to the right.
The postmaster in 1902, shortly before the area was redeveloped for D. C. Thomson to plans by to plans by Niven & Wigglesworth, a London company, was George H. Gibb, who lived at Hermonhill in Perth Road.
On weekdays the office was open from 6.45am until 9pm, with the sale of stamps continuing until 11pm. In its role as a savings bank, business was carried out between 9am and 6pm. Postal business was also available on Sundays from 9.30am -10.45am.